Monday, January 10, 2011

nothing new

Nothing new happening here. We went away for the weekend to our local mountains again. My parents have a cabin (really a 3 bedroom log type house.) It was nice a snowy there. We took Kiwi sledding for the first time. She loved it!!! It was such a nice relaxing weekend. Fire glowing in the fireplace, warm soup for lunches, rented movies, games to be played. My parents even watched Kiwi for us Saturday night so G and I could get a date in. We went and saw Little Fockers. It was funny, not as good nor funny as the first 2, but we enjoyed it. What a great weekend it was.

This week is going to be a fun and busy one. Weds. I am taking Kiwi to an indoor play pace. It is all set up for little ones. It has a grocery store, restaurant, farm, fire station, etc., that kids run. She loved it when we went a few months ago. This time, she'll enjoy it even more bc our friends will be there, as well as Curious George. We are going with my Mom's group. I've invited my parents to join us as well, since it is close to their home. Then that evening, my parents, G, Kiwi and I are meeting for dinner with one of my childhood friends. He actually was my neighbor growing up. He lives in NY, and is visiting his parents. We're all fb friends, and my mom set up the dinner. I can't wait to see him. It has been ages since I've seen him. THEN, Sunday is Disneyland!!!!!!! I'm so excited for that!! I'm such a kid when it comes to Disneyland. It is so magically for me. I can't wait to see Kiwi's face when she meets Mickey and Winnie the Pooh. Oh she'll have a blast!

Being a SAHM, I find things to do to entertain myself and Kiwi. I hate being couped up inside all day. So, I found an indoor play place close by. I started taking Kiwi once or twice a week. Then, we both made friends. Now I take her daily. We have formed a very good relationship with the owner and her son (who works there) as well as a dear friend and her daughter (who is 3 months older than Kiwi.) We have only been 1 since the 19th. Bc Kiwi was sick, and the place was closed the entire week after Xmas. Plus, our friend was away for the holidays (today was her first day back.) It was so great to go today and see our friends. It was amazing to see my friend pick up Kiwi and kiss her and hug her so tight, just like she was her own. We missed them. She has become one of my closest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment