Friday, November 26, 2010

Bring on the big 3-0...and Christmas!!

We had a great Thanksgiving!! Terrific company (family), a delious meal, fun games of Bunco (I won for the biggest loser!! LOL.) Kiwi had a wonderful time running around and playing with her toys at Grammie and Grandpa's house. (Last week I rescued a little toy kitchen for free on the sidewalk of one of my neighbors houses, as well as a lego wagon full of lego blocks. Plus all her stuffed animals and toys they already had.) She loved being the center of attention!

The big 3-0 is coming up on Tuesday! I can't believe I'll be 30!! Over the hill!! It is weird to think about. At 30 I had always thought I'd be in a much different place in my life. I mean, I am so blessed and thankful for what I have, but I just invisioned life so different. I wanted to have 2-3 kids by the time I was 25. I always thought I'd be putting one kid into kindergarten this year or next, vanpooling, pta, dance, sports....that sorta thing. But here I am, the mother of a toddler and still waiting to complete my family. I realize that age is just a number, nothing to worry about. I can still run and play with Kiwi and any future kiddo that I am blessed with. The jeans I wore in my 20s don't fit, the women I see in the mirror has a much rounder face (tummy and bottom too, I must add,) but more curves where I lacked them before (G loves that part. LOL.) The scale says a much higher number than I'd like it to say, but then I am thankful that it is not as high as I had seen it at one point (and I am not talking pregant weight, just unhappy weight.) One thing I have noticed as of late, the skin on my face is losing elasticity (is that a word? I mean it isn't as tight as it was before.) I've actually been think of looking into some sort of face tightening cream. However, aside from all that, I look at 30 as just another step in the adventures of my life. My 30s will bring the years that my kids will start school, discover the things they like to do....and where I will (God willing) become more stable. So, BRING IT ON!!!

Once my bday passes, all our Christmas activities start!! Tree shopping, lights going up outside, gift shopping...then the best part celebrating Jesus's birth with our family!! This year G and I are hosting Christmas at our home with my Mom's side of the family. We are doing it on Christmas Eve, and will have a traditional holiday feast!! I'm looking forward to our first holiday back at our house!!(Not looking forward to getting the house all clean for our guests, but I am hoping that maybe G will hire a cleaning service for me as a late bday gift...hint, hint, hint. LOL.)As I mentioned in a pervious post, we already have Kiwi's gift from Santa. It is huge, so her play area will have to be rearranged to make everythibg fit in the small area we have it in. But, I know she's going to love it, and I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning! Christmas we'll do our first family gift exchange and Santa time. Then, we'll be going to my parents house for breakfast and a gift exchange with my immediate family. Then, off to my Uncle's (on my Dad's side) house for Christmas dinner and a Bunco tournment. (We only do gifts for the kids on this side of the family, it saves money, there are alot of people on my Dad's side.) [Just a quick side note, in case you were wondering. Because of major drama and issues we have chosen not to have G's family in our lives. They are very negitive and hurtful people and we do not want those elements around our children. There are a few people that we still speak with, and may see if they visit our state and G still talks to the others on occasion, but we do not get together with them.]

No comments:

Post a Comment