Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful

Turkey day (Thanksgiving) is nearly here. Which made me start to realize and think about all I have to be thankful for!

There is so much to be thankful for! Good health, a job that earns a decent living, a nice roof over our heads, a great dependable newer car that gets us where we need/want to go, food on our table. But, most importantly, each other! Kiwi, plain and simple!! Every day I am thankful for her. I have such an amazing family and support system, a loving husband. I am a very blessed women,and I am extremely thankful for it all!!!

I am counting down the days until Thursday, thanksgiving. I can't wait to see my family. Today Kiwi and I got a tiny (and too quick) preview of what Thursday will be like. My brother, brother in law and sister in law (she's actually be brother in law's sister, but Kiwi calls her Aunt none the less,) came for a visit while passing through our area. Yesterday the three of them flew in from England (where they live.) It has been nearly a year since we've seen the Uncles. Kiwi was only 6 months old, and just learning to sit. Now, to their delight she was walking, running all over the house, and talking up a storm. (My 16 month old has the vocabulary and speech of a 2 year old or more.) It was so great to see them, and to see Kiwi interact with them. I am kicking myself for not getting my camera out for the short visit. I will have to remember to bring it on Thursday. At least once a year, we have my entire (immediate family) together. Thursday is it for this year. My parents will be there, us three, my brother and his husband and my sister and her long time boyfriend.....I better get a family picture darn it! (We still don't have any with Kiwi in it from my side of the family.)

Have a Happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone!! Enjoy time with your family, friends, or whom ever you celebrate with and remember all you have to be thankful for this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment