Sunday, November 7, 2010

So the journey continues

Took a much needed break this weekend. We got away to our local mountains to unwind. It was a great time!

Back to our journey:

Well, I'm sure you can guess that the day the 6 weeks was up, G and I made our appt with our RE. We paid for 2 fresh ivf cycles, but had decided that since we had remaining embryos (frozen,) that we would go ahead and use those, instead of adding more to the freezer. Plus, I really didn't want to go through the entire ER process again. We choose to do a FET (frozen embryo transfer.)

The first thing I did was go to my primary care doctor. I had her run my blood to see if my prolactin were elevated again. It was. So, she ordered an MRI (I had the CAT scan done before and no tumor was found.) I guess MRI is a more detailed scan. So, I did the MRI and learned that I do have a small benign tumor on my pituitary gland. (Joy.) I took some meds to lower my prolactin levels again. But there is nothing that can be done about the tumor, since it is benign, I don't need surgery. I followed up thi spast May with another MRI, the tumor has gotten smaller, thankfully.

I started all the meds., injections, etc. On Halloween, 2008, we made the drive to my parents house because Nov. 1st was our FET. Since the first ivf didn't work, I was very adamant about having 3 embryos put in this time. I wanted to get pregnant. Twins would Be a blessing, boy/girl twins ideal!!

Nov. 1st we had our transfer, then I spent the next 3 days in bed at my parents. They (as well as G) were terrific again. Catering to me, playing games with me. I am a blessed gal to have such an amazing support system.

My least favorite part came after. The 2ww. It is so weird that I don't remember the date that the call came in. I know it was sometime between the 10th and 14th of Nov. I also remember that just before the call came in, G and I were having full blown fight! A HUGE whopper! We were screaming, yelling, I was crying....I think one of us threatened to leave the other....it was a bad one. (I blame the hormones! LOL.)But, the phone rang. That call knocked us out of our fight so quickly.

It was an amazing call. G was on one phone, I on another. The nurse said BFP (big fat positive!!!) It worked, we were pregnant!!! Nothing like that news to help you kiss and make up. I called my mom, he called his. It was a great day! An early bday present for me!

So, we're pregnant, but with how may? We did put 3 embryos in.

No comments:

Post a Comment